Disturbing confession


 






I
I…  I… I,
mischievous tiny
word,   as   skimpy   as
the   ninth   letter   in   the   alphabet,
as shameful as a man relishing on the dancing flames
when wood bursting meets oxygen, heat and light and wildness.

“Not   
my fault.”
“Not , my fault.”
I  keeps saying on repeat.
Those  words  would  fall  flat,
but they are slippery enough to fade into breeze,
mimicking the gloomy smoke facing up to the blue, so mad.

I looks,
but do not see
doom, dearth, death
coming like a knife in the sleeve.
Greed, Carbon Dioxide, Deflorestation, Drought
we decease, lacking rhymes to write poetry without grimes.

I set fire
I set fire
I set fire
I set fire
I set fire
I set fire
I set fire
I set fire
to a three
just to please me

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Dócil garota e feroz mulher

Um guia de navegação para a vida

The Goddess of Poison